WELCOME TO U3A ACT!
U3A membership is open to people 50 and over. Most are no longer in full time employment but are enjoying the third age of their lives.
Principles of U3A
- To provide affordable learning opportunities for older people, using the skills and abilities of the members themselves;
- Those who learn shall teach and those who teach shall learn, and there shall be no distinction between the two;
- There shall be no qualification for membership, and no awards, degrees and diplomas shall be given;
- The emphasis shall be on learning for the love of it, and shall include an emphasis on the values of making things and improving skills of all kinds;
- Learning shall take place in a friendly, supportive and social environment;
- Those joining U3A shall pay for its upkeep;
- There shall be no payment to any person (member or non-member) for teaching or providing a service to members except in the case of reimbursement for such expenses as travel, photocopying, etc.;
- The curriculum of a U3A shall be determined by the needs/preferences of members and according to the resources available to it; and
- To be at all times, non-political and non-sectarian in our approach.